Tuesday, May 3, 2011

College-ritis?

The stressful time of my life is over. I finally picked my classes for next semester and for the first time ever I am fully content with my choices. However, I am sad that I will not be taking any Theatre courses. Instead, I hope to audition for the school play if it does not interfere with my job.

After choosing my classes, I realized how I wish I could just drop out of school. I wish I could magically receive my degree, and start my own theatre company. That is my dream.

However, dreams can come true, but not that easily. It is part of who I am to set a goal and move on to a completely different goal. I mean, most of us do this anyways right? Well my goal for this school year was to house manage both school plays. The fall production was set in the Black box theater and the spring production was set in the Proscenium Theater. I have never had experienced in either and it was a goal to house manage in both. This was accomplished and I am ready to move on to another theater in my local area. It's only my first year of college and I already want to leave and focus solely on theater. In reality, it isn't that simple. However, I do enjoy challenges and I am fully ready to complete my new goal.

It's about time to get on that stage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment