Friday, April 22, 2011

Moneygrabber

So a couple days ago, I was working in the Cafe department of our store. A man with a strong Italian accent came up and ordered a drink. His total was $2.38, but he gave me $10.38. I figured he just wanted a solid $8 back. As the oven timer went off, I left the man counting his money. When I came back to the register, I took his $10.38. All of sudden, (with his strong accent) he goes, "No, wait". He puts one finger out indicating me to wait as he pulled out more cash. I thought I was going to get a tip because some customers like to do that. As the man pulls out $2 I thought "Aw, how sweet! I am going to get a tip". As I tell the man "Oh thank you! Is that for me?, he gives me a puzzled look. So I go, "Is that for me like a tip?". The man very sternly says, "No! This for my coffee. Give me ten dollar back". My happy face quickly turned into a very embarrassed one as I gave the man his $10 back and took the $2.

Lesson of the day: Don't expect more out of someone if you are not aware of how much they can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment